Heading to a playoff game party and need a quick & easy appetizer to share? This easy, cheesy, corn cup recipe is a major crowd pleaser at our house; it flies off the serving tray faster than I can get them plated and off of the baking sheets!
We’ve been forced to make a milder version of this Rachel Ray adaptation because of the kiddos, but this easy recipe is so versatile that there are quite a few variations you can try.
Cheesy Corn Cups Recipe
- 2 (8 oz) blocks of low-fat cream cheese, at room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 bag Tostitos Scoops tortilla chips
- Chives or cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese & eggs together and blend until smooth. Add the shredded cheeses and corn and stir together.
Place scoops on a rimmed baking sheet, removing broken cups as they won’t hold the filling well. Get as many as you can on 1 sheet (this will minimize the need to bake in batches).
Using a small cookie scoop, fill each cup with about 1 teaspoon of filling. Alternatively, you can put the cheesy corn mixture in a large storage bag and cut about an inch off the bottom corner to make a homemade pastry bag. Don’t be shy; fill these cups all the way up to their tops. Bake for about 20 minutes to allow the filling to set.
Serve warm, topped with chives or cilantro as a garnish.
- Swap cheeses for shredded pepper jack
- Add 7 oz can of fire roasted green chiles (drained).
- Serve topped with fresh salsa, or place a bowl in the center of your serving tray for dipping.
- Garnish each cup with a thinly sliced fresh jalapeno round, or sprinkle with a finely diced jalapenos & cilantro mixture (omit chives).
Cook time: about 25-30 minutes
Makes: about 50 cups
Be brave! Let your imagination and your taste buds be your guide. Make multiple batches with different flavor combinations for variety. Enjoy!
Go Broncos! Go Tebow!
I still believe.