Lieb-a-what? A Liebster Award for little old me?! I’m so honored to find that Firefly Tales has been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award from fellow blogger, Lana, of Monday’s Nugget.
So what is a Liebster Award? Let me tell you!
(Straight from Monday’s Nugget:) This award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers, and there are certain criteria that must be met in order to continue sharing this award with other bloggers. It’s sort of a fun chain letter than helps bloggers connect, discover new blogs and support one another because blogging is tough business, man!
So it’s kind of like an “I’ll like your page if you like my page” kind of like-i-ness thing. Lots of liking going on here!
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs.
My 11 Random Facts:
- Math was never my strong suit
- I’m not actually 5′ tall. Most days I run about 4′ 11.5″ ~ I blame it on having babies
- My husband and our group of friends are my recipe guinea pigs. Their honest opinions can make or break a recipe from being published on Firefly Tales.
- I always wanted to be a writer…or Nancy Drew
- I had a crush on on Davy Jones of The Monkees when I was 8
- I’ve always wanted to be a runner. This year, I’m going to #makeitcount ~ already have a 10k and a 5k planned
- Love at first sight is real: Joel is the soul mate my soul knew I’d found before he’d ever even asked me out on a date simply by being in the same room as him.
- I enjoy a drive by myself so I can turn the radio up really loud and sing at the top of my lungs to Christian rock. Sanctus Real is an incredible band.
- I wasn’t born in this country ~ I’m a Cambodian immigrant who’s parents fled from a genocide, worked hard to become naturalized and can boast 5 bachelors degrees, 1 PhD and 1 full-on + 2 work in progress Master’s degrees between us all.
- I want to someday publish a cookbook, or be on TV with the GREATs: Giada, Paula, Rachel, Bobby, Ina, Anne & Anthony.
- I could read, or blog, until my eyes go buggy and cross-eyed.
Answers to Monday’s Nugget’s 11 Q’s:
1. Did you breast feed in public? (If this doesn’t apply to you, do you think breast feeding in public is gross?) No, couldn’t do it
2. Do you pee in the shower? Maybe 😉
3. Have you ever left a message on a deceased friend’s Facebook page? Yes, still miss him to this day
4. Do you think Javier Bardem is hot? Not at all
5. Do you watch “The Bachelor”, and if so, can you help me understand why I choose to waste so much time of my life watching that show? LOL, NO!
6. Have you ever traded your significant other sex for help with the household chores? No; do other people do this?!?
7. What’s your favorite meal on a budget? Tostadas or spaghetti
8. When is the last time you bought something special for yourself? What was it? The Corrie Kraft Photography family photo session ~ split costs with my siblings. Best investment of 2012.
9. Do you have a favorite parenting book? No…Does BabyCenter.com count?
10. Have your children ever referred to a household object as “Grandma”? Too funny. No.
11. Do you own a tweed jacket? I do! From my old banking days. It doesn’t see the light of day much now.
Blogs I’m Nominating (sorry if you’ve been hit before, I just found ya and I like ya, so I’m sharin’ ya):
Ok…so I know I was supposed to pick 11, but man my brain is fried from this cold! This is the best I can give today.
Bloggers ~ your 11 Q’s:
- What’s your idea of the perfect date?
- Where is your ideal vacation spot?
- Name your favorite craft store and why? What sets it apart from the rest?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- Name your favorite restaurant:
- Finish this sentence: “Some day I will…”
- What’s your favorite movie trilogy?
- What’s your favorite dish to cook for yourself, and for someone else?
- Do you dance party with your kiddos?
- If you could meet one person, past or present, who would it be and why?
- What is always in your fridge?
Can’t wait to hear your answers! Have fun with this!