Champagne Cocktails ~ Happy New Year!
Happy New Year, my friends!
Be safe, be happy, be ever so reminiscent for 2012 and always look to the future. 2013 is upon us!
Make happy memories with your friends and family and hold your babies tight. Keep each other safe and sound.
Kiss your sweetie at midnight and clink your glasses with this champagne cocktail to ring in the new year! (Of course, you’re already in jammies and slippers because there is no need to be out an about this late).
Then, tuck your babies in bed and kiss them goodnight even though they may have already fallen asleep well before the clock struck 12.
- 1 bottle champagne (I'm using Prosecco, but Cava or any brut will work fine), chilled
- 2 cups fresh berries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Splash cranberry or pomegranate juice
- Optional: ½ -1 shot of Chamboard or Grand Marnier
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and the water to a gentle boil, stirring until the suger dissolves. 5-8 minutes.
- Add the fresh berries and steep until cool.
- Fill the bottom of 4 martini glasses or champagne flutes with 2-3 tablespoons of the syrup and fruit mixture, to taste. You can add more syrup if you like the sweetness or just more berries ~ your call.
- Add Chamboard or Grand Marnier, if using.
- Pour champagne to fill the cup and top with a splash of cranberry or pomegranate juice.
For the kiddos ~ I got this idea from my mother-in-law, who calls these “Lady Drinks”:
Make the simple syrup with the fruit as above. Fill water goblets with crushed ice and add 1-2 spoonfuls syrup and fruit over the ice. Add Sprite (we water ours down for the little kids, or you could use sparkling water) and top off with a splash of cranberry juice.
You could make a larger batch and serve this as a Champagne punch if you’re hosting a New Year’s party (or a bridal shower, baby shower, garden party, etc.).
Enjoy & be safe y’all. Happy New Year!