Oven Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
Some nights are just roasted brussels sprouts kind of nights. Last night was one of them. I know there are all kinds of fancy bacon, cheese, lemon juice add-ons, and goodness knows I love all of them. But when you’ve got a Costco sized bag you need to quickly roast (read: expiration date quickly approaching) and you’re home alone with kids climbing all over you, you need easy. And fast. Oh, and easy.
Preheat your oven to 375 degree f. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Trim and halve the sprouts and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar (no sugar added for Paleo & Whole 30), sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat and throw in the oven for 35-45 minutes. THAT EASY!
Make a cup of tea, chase kids, knock out the kindergarten nightly reading assignment, find the Paw Patrol episode for your 2 year old that you’ve all watched a million times already and wait for your beautiful, bright green orbs, to gently steam to tender and then crisp up.
Here’s where you can get caught up in eating them right off the sheet pan, or you can do the practical thing and portion it out for meal prep for the week. I won’t have enough for the full week now, but it was totally worth eating them hot off the pan.
- 2 lbs Brussels Sprouts, washed, trimmed and halved and dried
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp balsamic vinegar, aged, no sugar added
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Spread prepared brussels sprouts evenly over parchment
- Drizzle olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper over sproutus, toss to coat
- Bake 35-45 minutes or until desired crispness - be careful not to burn them