Best Baked Lemon & Dill Salmon Recipe
Here’s a super easy salmon recipe that doesn’t require a marinade or tons of prep to get in the oven and on the table. High protein, omega-3’s, bright lemony flavor and still great tasting leftover for tomorrow’s lunch. And super affordable when salmon is on sale; which it always seems to have been for us lately.
I like to line my baking dish with foil to start ~ this will make clean up a cinch!
Wash your salmon and pat dry. Place on foil lined baking sheet. Grab a lemon, fresh (or dried) dill, capers, sea salt and pepper & garlic powder.
If you’re not afraid of mustard, grab a jar of country dijon. Smear about a tablespoon or so over the fish ~ makes an easy, delicious, secret weapon-style, layer of flavor. Next, sprinkle on sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, dill and capers. Spill a little caper juice on top. Go ahead; it won’t hurt. Just a little. Squeeze half the lemon over the dressed salmon and slice the other half thinly. Dress the salmon with the sliced lemons and throw it in a cold oven. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
Enjoy right away, with a side of veggies for dinner, or the next day on top of field greens as a salad.
I love lemons…and salmon…and capers. I hope you will, too!
- 1.5 lbs of salmon
- 1 lemon - half juiced / half sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 1-2 teaspoon of capers (more is ok if you like capers!)
- 1 tablespoon caper brine
- Sea salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Line a baking sheet with foil, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Wash salmon and pat dry. Cut into 4 portions, place on the olive oil, skin side down.
- Squeeze the juice of half the lemon and drizzle the other tablespoon of olive oil evenly over the top of each piece.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, pepper, dill, capers and caper brine.
- Lay sliced lemons over the top.
- Put in a cold oven and bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees (just don't pre-heat the oven).